Hazlehurst to front OpenOpp forum
David Hazlehurst: Joins a stellar list of speakers at Open Opportunity forum
Industry department deputy secretary David Hazlehurst and the Department of Human Services chief technology officer Charles McHardie have joined the Open Opportunity Forum keynote speaker list in Canberra for November 24.
Mr Hazlehurst has been the key driver of the digital transformation program inside the Industry department, and is responsible for co-ordinating the whole-of-government delivery of Malcolm Turnbull’s flagship National Innovation and Science Agenda.
In early 2015, he was appointed as the interim chief executive of the Digital Transformation Office (now renamed as the Digital Transformation Agency).
Mr Hazlehurst is career public servant with deep experience in digital transformation delivery projects, as well as Commonwealth industry development programs.
InnovationAus.com is also delighted to welcome the Department of Human Services CTO Charles McHardie as a keynote speaker. As a senior architect within one of the Commonwealth’s largest delivery agencies, Mr McHardie plays a key role in the government’s ongoing investments in digital service delivery.
Mr McHardie joined the Human Services in early 2015 after a distinguished career in the Australian Navy. He was appointed as a Member of the Order of Australia in 2011 for services to Naval Warfare and awarded a commendation for distinguished service in 2014 for his Command of Combined Task Force 150.
Other keynotes that have been added to the program include SAP Hybris industry principal for the public sector Kathleen O’Brien and the NSW Government’s Finance department’s director of IT and Digital Government, Shae Howard.
Seating is limited for the Canberra event. You can reserve your place here.
The second annual Open Opportunity Forum, which will be opened with a keynote address from Assistant Minister for Digital Transformation and Cities, Angus Taylor, will explore the changes in government ICT procurement strategies and ICT program management.
You can find more information about the Open Opportunity Canberra event here. The Canberra event includes the following speakers
- Angus Taylor, Assistant Minister for Smart Cities and Digital Transformation
- Paul Shetler, CDO, Digital Transformation Agency
- David Hazlehurst, Deputy Secretary, Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
- Lynwen Connick, First Assistant Secretary Information Sharing and Intelligence, Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet
- Charles McHardie, Chief Technology Officer, Department of Human Services
- Nicholas Gruen, Chairman, Australian Centre for Social Innovation
- Shae Howard, Director, IT and Digital Government; NSW Dept of Finance, Services & Innovation
- Kathleen O'Brien, Industry Principal, Public Sector, SAP Hybris
- Matthew Landauer, Co-Founder OpenAustralia Foundation and former Head of Product, DTO
- Marcus Price, CEO, PEXA
- John-Paul Syriatowicz, Group CEO, Squiz
- Pia Waugh, Public Sector Data expert
- Nick Gonios, CEO, 8common