Sinodinos to open Women in VC
Arthur Sinodinos: Driving the next phase of the National Innovation and Science Agenda
In one of his first major speeches as Minister for Industry, Innovation and Science, Arthur Sinodinos will open the InnovationAus.com Women in VC forum in Sydney with a keynote address on innovation on February 23.
Senator Sinodinos was appointed to the lead the Industry portfolio last month as part of a frontbench reshuffle, and will drive the next phase of the Prime Minister’s National Innovation and Science Agenda.
Regarded as one of government’s best thinkers on innovation policy, Senator Sinodinos was previously the Cabinet Secretary and is one of Malcolm Turnbull’s most senior confidantes.
He boasts storied credentials as an overseer of public administration and has been a key voice in the Turnbull Government on the digital transformation of the public service. He has also been a vocal advocate for Commonwealth support for the startup sector in this country.
Senator Sinodinos had a career in the Australian Public Service – starting as a graduate – before spending a decade as chief of staff to then Prime Minister John Howard.
Also keynoting at the InnovationAus.com Women in VC forum is US entrepreneur and businesswoman Kay Koplovitz, the founder of USA Network and the cofounder and chairman of Springboard Enterprises. She is also managing partner at Springboard Growth Capital.
Ms Koplovitz has been a passionate voice in a global movement pressing for new opportunities for female founders and entrepreneurs. As co-founder and chairman of Springboard Enterprises, she has directly assisted hundreds of female-founded startups from across the world.
Ms Koplovitz is also on the boards of directors of CA Technologies, Time Inc and ION Media Networks, among other roles.
The other speakers at the Women in VC forum include:
- Dr Charles Day, Chief Executive Officer, Innovation and Science Australia
- Topaz Conway, Chair, Springboard Enterprises Australia
- Laura McKenzie, Chief Executive Officer, Scale Investors
- Marty Gauvin, Chair, Innovation Investment Committee, Department of Industry
- Anne-Marie Birkill, General Partner and Executive Director, OneVentures
- Cath Rogers, Executive Director, Airtree Ventures
- Elaine Stead, Founder, Blue Sky Venture Capital
- Jo Burston, Chief Executive Officer, Rare Birds
- Sandy Plunkett, Founder, Innovation Clearinghouse
- Catriona Wallace, CEO and Founder, Flamingo Customer Experience Inc.
- Kounny Rattley, Corporate Partner, Clayton Utz