There is a huge amount of attention being given right now in Australia to accelerating the development of new capabilities in technology areas of strategic importance.
InnnovationAus.com has assembled a pioneering set of Australian tech companies that are leading the development of critical and emerging technology that can be applied across both civilian-commercial and defence sector applications.
We have brought these technology leaders into a public forum where they will share stage with senior Defence leadership from the Advanced Strategic Capabilities Accelerator (ASCA) and the Capability Acquisition and Sustainment Group (CASG) to discuss how we can build on this incredible Australian capability.
At a time of dramatic change, including an expected overhaul US trade restriction on strategic technologies and through the AUKUS arrangements, there has been a more intense focus on leveraging dual-use civilian and Defence technology.
The Capability Papers Showcase event aims to put Australia private sector innovators into the same room as the Defence establishment charged with acquiring and developing new technology and new capability.
This event comes on the heels of the Defence Strategic Review, which highlighted a requirement for greater industry involvement and reform of procurement to accelerate the uptake of innovative local products and services.
This event brings together leaders from across the tech ecosystem, from government, from institutional research, from the Defence department and ministerial offices, as well as entrepreneurs and business leaders.
These are the people who are building capability across key strategic sectors to create an avenue to form new partnerships and connections.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Professor Emily Hilder, Chief of Platforms, Defence Science and Technology Group
- Anthony Murfett, Head of Division for the Technology and Digital Division in the Department of Industry, Science and Resources
- Major General Jeremy King, CSM, Head Joint Aviation Systems, Capability Acquisition and Sustainment Group
- Dr Ian Langford, Associate Professor, UNSW and former senior ADF officer
- Professor Miftar Ganija, DualTech-USPL Group and Defence Science and Technology Group/University of Adelaide Professor in USPL
- Professor Michael Biercuk, CEO and founder, Q-CTRL
- Jason Duerden, Regional Director ANZ, SentinelOne.
- Dr James Palmer, CEO, Silentium Defence
- Dr Joe Cronin, Co-Founder & CEO, Australian Droid and Robot
- Jessica Glenn, Co-CEO, AIM
- Dr Jae Daniel, Co-CEO, AIM
- Sarah Pavillard, CEO, ADROITA
- Michael Partridge, General Manager, Innovation & Strategic Programs, SYPAQ Systems
- David Waterhouse, MD, Hypersonix Launch Systems
- Abu Odigie, Co-Founder & CEO, Tendertrace
- Aidan Kelly, Co-Founder and COO, XM2
- Corrie McLeod, Publisher, InnovationAus.com
Do you know more? Contact James Riley via Email.