New South Wales Finance Minister Victor Dominello will deliver the 2018 ministerial keynote address at the InnovationAus.com RegTech forum, outlining the state’s program and deregulation and digital service delivery.
Mr Dominello has been at the forefront of digital service reform in NSW, first as the minister for innovation and better regulation, and more recently as Minister for Finance, Services and Property.
The NSW digital service delivery agenda has re-shaped the way that both individual citizens and businesses interact with government, and Mr Dominello has been the engine inside the Gladys Berejiklian cabinet for driving process change and delivery reform that has widespread implications for the compliance, risk management, and the RegTech sector more generally.
While consumer-facing changes like the digital driver’s licence and the CTP rebate (compulsory third-party) have attracted the most attention, it is the underlying digital infrastructure like ServiceNSW, the work on digital identity, and the just-launched procurement engine buy.NSW that is making the difference to compliance in business.
Other keynote speakers at RegTech 2018 include the AUSTRAC chief innovation officer and chief information security officer Leanne Fry, who will discuss the impact of artificial intelligence on anti-fraud and financial crime compliance, and Advice RegTech co-founder and CEO Samantha Clarke on aligning the bank – RegTech relationship.
The ASIC senior executive leader for strategic intelligence Mark Adams will address the role that regulators can play in building innovation across the financial system, and APRA executive general manager for risk and data analytics Sean Carmody will join a panel discussing the big picture needs of the finance industry in relation to regulatory complexity.
RegTech Forum 2018:
- The Hon. Victor Dominello, Minister for Finance, Services and Property, NSW Government
- Steven Bardy, Managing Director, Promontory Financial Group Australasia
- Astrid Raetz, Partner, KPMG Australia
- Samantha Clarke, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder, Advice RegTech
- Leanne Fry, Chief Innovation Officer, AUSTRAC
- Mark Adams, Senior Executive Leader – Strategic Intelligence, ASIC
- Sean Carmody, Executive General Manager of the Risk and Data Analytics Division, APRA
Do you know more? Contact James Riley via Email.