InnovationAus.com is proud to announce Queensland Minister for Innovation, Science and the Digital Economy has joined a stellar line-up of keynote speakers at the Sydney instalment of Open Opportunity Forum on November 17.
Ms Enoch, who is also the Minister for Small Business, is a key political driver behind the resurgent Queensland tech and innovation sector. She has significantly raised the profile of Queensland’s startup sector, attracting a steady stream of new investments into the state in the past year.
She joins the Open Opportunity forum in Sydney as a speaker alongside the Turnbull Government’s Minister for Digital Transformation and Smart Cities Angus Taylor, NSW Government Finance Secretary Martin Hoffman, Australian Government Chief Digital Officer Paul Shetler, and Data61 CEO Adrian Turner.
Ms Enoch has become a powerful voice inside the Palaszczuk Government, driving entrepreneurial programs Advance Queensland, as well as focusing on academic-commercial collaboration improvements through Science and Innovation.
The second annual Open Opportunity Forum brings together the senior ranks of government digital transformation with the Australian tech and innovation sector. It is the industry’s most comprehensive update on government technology strategies and the procurement policies that accompany them.
The forum’s aim is to give local innovators some better insights dealing with the public sector, and better outcomes in procurement decision-making.
Speakers at the Open Opportunity Forum in Sydney on November 17 include:
- Angus Taylor – Assistant Minister for Smart Cities and Digital Transformation, Australian Federal Government
- Leeanne Enoch – Minister for Innovation, Science and the Digital Economy and Minister for Small Business, Queensland Government
- Paul Shetler – Chief Digital Officer, Australian Government
- Adrian Turner – Chief Executive Officer, Data61
- Martin Hoffman – Secretary, NSW Department of Finance, Services and Innovation
- Rachna Gandhi – Chief Executive Officer, Service NSW
- Damon Rees – NSW Government Chief Information & Digital Officer
- John-Pau Syriatowicz – Group Chief Executive Officer, Squiz
- Pia Waugh – Public Sector Data expert, Australian Government
- Nick Gonios – Chief Executive Officer, 8Common
- Longbing Cao – Founding Director, UTS Advanced Analytics Institute
The Open Opportunity Forum in Sydney is the first installment of the forum in 2016. A second, Commonwealth-focused event will be held in Canberra the following week on November 24.
Do you know more? Contact James Riley via Email.